Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
- The efficacy of bupivacaine with adrenaline in reducing pain and bleeding associated with breast reduction: a prospective trial.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 290-293
- Local bupivacaine-epinephrine infiltration combined with general anesthesia for adult tonsillectomy.Acta Otolaryngol. 2005; 125: 972-975
- Beneficial effect of low-dose peritonsillar injection of lidocaine-adrenaline before tonsillectomy.A placebo-controlled clinical trial. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2003; 30: 159-162
- Local anaesthetic flush reduces postoperative pain and haematoma formation after great saphenous vein stripping–a randomised controlled trial.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006; 31: 325-331
- Dilute adrenaline infiltration and reduced blood loss in reduction mammaplasty.Ann Plast Surg. 1999; 43: 127-131
- Epinephrine-supplemented local anesthetics for ear and nose surgery: clinical use without complications in more than 10,000 surgical procedures.J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2005; 3: 195-199
- Sodium bicarbonate attenuates pain on skin infiltration with lidocaine, with or without epinephrine.Anesth Analg. 1987; 66: 572-574
- The effect of needle gauge and lidocaine pH on pain during intradermal injection.Anesth Analg. 1998; 86: 379-381
- Efficacy of alkalinized lidocaine for reducing pain on intravenous and epidural catheterization.J Anesth. 2001; 15: 201-203
- Alkalinization of local anesthesia with sodium bicarbonate–preferred method of local anesthesia.Urology. 1994; 43: 101
- pH-adjustment and discomfort caused by the intradermal injection of lignocaine.Anaesthesia. 1990; 45: 975-978
- Effects of alkalinization of lidocaine on the pain of skin infiltration and intravenous catheterization.J Clin Anesth. 1993; 5: 456-458
- Effect of pH modification by bicarbonate on pain after subcutaneous lidocaine injection.Can J Surg. 1996; 39: 31-35
- Buffered lidocaine for skin infiltration prior to hemodialysis.J Pain Symptom Manage. 1995; 10: 198-203
- Alkalinizing local anesthetic does not decrease pain during injection for dorsal penile nerve block.J Clin Anesth. 1999; 11: 563-566
- Intradermal anesthesia and comparison of intravenous catheter gauge.Anesth Analg. 1991; 73: 469-470
- Alkalinization of local anesthetics: theoretically justified but clinically useless.Can J Anaesth. 1996; 43: 384-393
- Comparison of pain associated with intradermal and subcutaneous infiltration with various local anesthetic solutions.Anesth Analg. 1987; 66: 1180-1182
- Discomfort associated with regional anesthetic placement in obstetrics: does alkalinization help?.Int J Obstet Anesth. 1996; 5: 89-91
- Decreasing the pain of local anesthesia: a prospective, double-blind comparison of buffered, premixed 1% lidocaine with epinephrine versus 1% lidocaine freshly mixed with epinephrine.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006; 54: 128-131
- Cardiovascular responses to scalp infiltration with reduced concentration of adrenaline.Neurol India. 2002; 50: 168-173
- Cardiovascular responses to scalp infiltration with different concentrations of epinephrine with or without lidocaine during craniotomy.Anesth Analg. 2001; 92: 1516-1519
☆The study was conducted at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital and Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California and funded internally by the Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine.
☆☆Findings from this study were presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology (SOAP), May 2005, Palm Springs, California.