Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
Lewis G, editor. The Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH): Saving Mother’s Lives. Reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer. The Seventh Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom 2003–2005. London, CEMACH, 2007.
- Incidence and risk factors for pulmonary embolism in the postpartum period.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 998-1003
- Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and the postpartum period: incidence, risk factors, and mortality.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1311-1315
Caesarean section. Clinical Guideline commissioned by National Institute for Clinical Excellence. RCOG Press, Bell and Bain Ltd, April 2004.
- Low molecular weight heparin for obstetric prophylaxis: experience of sixty-one women at high risk.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 176: 1062-1068
- Thromboelastographic monitoring of resistance to enoxaparin anticoagulation in thrombophilic pregnancy.Thromb Res. 2007; 120: 367-370
- Obstetric thromboprophylaxis.Br J Hosp Med. 1996; 55: 404-408
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of subcutaneous heparin during the early third trimester of pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 173: 1240-1245
- Heparin levels to guide thromboembolism prophylaxis during pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 173: 1869-1873
Reducing the risk of thrombosis and pregnancy during the puerperium. RCOG Green Top Guideline No. 37 2009. www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/GTG37b1022011.pdf [accessed March 2011].
- Thromboelastography.Br J Anaesth. 1992; 69: 307-313
- Heparinase and thromboelastography in liver transplantation for a patient with von Willebrand’s disease.Anesthesiology. 1996; 84: 1236-1239
- Use of heparinase modified thromboelastography in liver transplantation.Br J Anaesth. 1997; 78: 175-179
National Clinical Guideline Centre – Acute and Chronic conditions. Venous thromboembolism: Reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism (Deep vein thrombosis and Pulmonary embolism) in patients admitted to hospital. London NCGC-ACC at the Royal College of Surgeons of England; in press. Clinical guideline http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG92/Guidance/pdf/English [accessed March 2011].
- Systemic anticoagulant effect of low dose subcutaneous unfractionated heparin as determined using thromboelastography.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2007; 35: 498-504
- Thrombosis prophylaxis in pregnancy with the use of subcutaneous heparin adjusted by monitoring heparin concentration in plasma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 420-514
- Thromboelastography as a perioperative measure of anticoagulation resulting from low molecular weight heparin: a comparison with anti-Xa concentrations.Anesth Analg. 2000; 91: 1091-1095
- Haemostatic changes in the puerperium ‘6 weeks postpartum’ (HIP study) – implication for maternal thromboembolism.BJOG. 2009; 116: 1602-1612
- Thromb Haemost. 2010; 103: 718-727
- Tissue factor-dependent coagulation is enhanced following delivery irrespective of the mode of delivery.J Thromb Haemost. 2007; 5: 2415-2420
- Neuraxial anaesthesia in obstetric patients receiving anticoagulant and antithrombotic drugs.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2010; 19: 193-201
- The APTT response of pregnant plasma to unfractionated heparin.J Thromb Haemost. 2002; 87: 92-97
- Maternal anti-factor Xa activity following subcutaneous unfractionated heparin after caesarean section.Anaesthesia. 2001; 56: 855-858
- Thromboelastography and sonoclot analysis in the healthy parturient.J Clin Anesth. 1993; 5: 419-424
- Comparison of thromboelastography with common coagulation tests in pre eclampsia and healthy parturients.Reg Anesth. 1995; 20: 521-527
- Thromboelastographic changes in healthy parturients and post partum women.Anesth Analg. 1997; 85: 94-98
- The effect of anesthetics on blood coagulability in parturients as measured by thromboelastography.Anesth Analg. 1997; 85: 82-86
- The effect of colloid and crystalloid preloading on thromboelastography prior to cesarean delivery.Can J Anesth. 2007; 54: 190-195
- Low molecular weight heparin for thromboprophylaxis during caesarean section.Thromb Res. 1999; 96: 317-322
- Puerperal thromboprophylaxis: a comparison of the anti-Xa activity of enoxaparin and unfractionated heparin.BJOG. 1998; 105: 795-797
- Savidge G, Low molecular weight heparin (tinzaparin) therapy for moderate risk thromboprophylaxis during pregnancy.J Thromb Haemost. 2004; 92: 791-796