Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
Cyna AM, Andrew M, Emmett RS, Middleton P, Simmons SW. Techniques for preventing hypotension during spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006;(4):CD002251.
- The effects of an increase of central blood volume before spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a qualitative systematic review.Anesth Analg. 2001; 92: 997-1005
- Spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section. The influence of hypotension on neonatal outcome.Anaesthesia. 1982; 37: 658-662
- Biochemical status and clinical condition of mother and infant at cesarean section.Anesth Analg. 1969; 48: 986-994
- Prevention of spinal hypotension associated with cesarean section.Anesthesiology. 1976; 45: 670-674
- Prevention of hypotension following spinal anesthesia for cesarean section.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 1994; 32: 117-135
- Uteroplacental blood flow.in: Chestnut D.H. Polley L.S. Tsen L.C. Wong C.A. Obstetric Anesthesia Principles and Practice. 4th ed. Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia2009: 37-53
Cluver C, Novikova N, Hofmeyr GJ, Hall DR. Maternal position during caesarean section for preventing maternal and neonatal complications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;(6):CD007623.
- Definitions of hypotension after spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section: literature search and application to parturients.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2010; 54: 909-921
- Beanplot: A boxplot alternative for visual comparison of distributions.J Stat Softw, Code Snippets. 2008; 28: 1-9
- Methods for clustered data.in: Petrie A. Sabin C. Medical Statistics at a Glance. 3rd ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, England2009: 124-126
- Some common problems in medical research.in: Altman D.G. Practical Statistics for Medical Research. 1st ed. Chapman & Hall/CRC, London1991: 432-435
Team RDC. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing [Internet]. Vienna, Austria: Available at: <http://www.R-project.org>; [accessed Feb 2011].
- Hypotension following combined spinal-epidural anaesthesia for Caesarean section. Left lateral position vs. tilted supine position.Anaesthesia. 2003; 58: 428-431
- Effect of lateral versus supine wedged position on development of spinal blockade and hypotension.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2001; 10: 182-188
- Maternal cardiovascular consequences of positioning after spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section: left 15 degree table tilt vs. left lateral.Anaesthesia. 2002; 57: 15-20
- Left lateral vs. supine, wedged position for development of block after combined spinal-epidural anaesthesia for caesarean section.Anaesthesia. 2004; 59: 894-898
- Hypotension during obstetrical anesthesia.Anesthesiology. 1959; 20: 153-159
- Time and lateral tilt at caesarean section.Br J Anaesth. 1972; 44: 477-484
- Lack of benefits of left tilt in emergent cesarean sections: a randomized study of cardiotocography, cord acid–base status and other parameters of the mother and the fetus.J Perinat Med. 1998; 26: 284-292
- Effect of blood pressure of cesarean section patients in different postures.Chinese Nursing Research. 2001; 15: 325-326
- Lumbar wedge versus pelvic wedge in preventing hypotension following combined spinal epidural anaesthesia for caesarean delivery.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2008; 36: 835-839
- Advantages of left over right lateral tilt for caesarean section.S Afr Med J. 1978; 54: 489-492
- Resuscitation in late pregnancy.Anaesthesia. 1988; 43: 347-349
- Reducing aortocaval compression: how much tilt is enough?.BMJ. 1992; 305: 539-540
- Maternal hypotension during elective cesarean section and short-term neonatal outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: e1-e5
- Spinal hypotension during elective cesarean delivery: closer to a solution.Anesth Analg. 2011; 111: 1093-1095
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of four fixed rate infusion regimens of phenylephrine for hemodynamic support during spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery.Anesth Analg. 2010; 111: 1221-1229
- Aortocaval compression in pregnancy: the effect of changing the degree and direction of lateral tilt on maternal cardiac output.Anesth Analg. 2003; 97: 256-258
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Cesarean section guidelines. National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health. Available at: <http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG013fullguideline.pdf>; [accessed Feb 2011].
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists. Hypotension during regional anaesthesia for caesarean birth. Available at: <http://www.anzca.edu.au/fellows/sig/obstetric-anaesthesia-sig/obstetric-anaesthesia-scientific-evidence/hypotension-during-regional-anaesthesia-for-caesarean-birth.html>; [accessed Feb 2011].