- •This is an extension study of a previous publication.
- •Women were randomised to receive rocuronium or suxamethonium for caesarean section.
- •There were more 1-min Apgar scores <7 with rocuronium.
- •There were no differences in 5-min or 10-min Apgar scores.
- •There were no significant differences in umbilical arterial blood gases.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
- Low-dose or high-dose rocuronium reversed with neostigmine or sugammadex for cesarean delivery anesthesia: a randomized controlled non-inferiority trial of time to tracheal intubation and extubation.Anesth Analg. 2016; 122: 1536-1545
- Rapid induction/intubation for prevention of gastric-content aspiration.Anesth Analg. 1970; 49: 633-636
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of neuromuscular relaxants in pregnancy.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1998; 34: 483-496
- Rocuronium (Org 9426) for caesarean section.Br J Anaesth. 1994; 73: 336-341
- Rapid sequence induction and intubation with 1 mg/kg rocuronium bromide in cesarean section, comparison with suxamethonium.Saudi Med J. 2007; 28: 1393-1396
- Rapid sequence induction in obstetrics revisited.Curr Opin Anesthesiol. 2009; 22: 357-361
- Acidemia in neonates with a 5-minute Apgar score of 7 or greater – What are the outcomes?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215 (e1–6): 486
- Evaluation of interobserver agreement of Apgar scoring in preterm infants.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e982-e987
- European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation 2010 Section 7. Resuscitation of babies at birth.Resuscitation. 2010; 10: 1389-1399
- Strength of association between umbilical cord pH and perinatal and long term outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2010; 340: c1471
- Influence of age and gender on the pharmacodynamic parameters of rocuronium during total intravenous anesthesia.Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2011; 155: 347-353
- Comparison of rocuronium, succinylcholine, and vecuronium for rapid-sequence induction of anesthesia in adult patients.Anesthesiology. 1993; 79: 913-918
- The placental transmission of succinylcholine.Anesthesiology. 1961; 22: 1-6
- Anesthesia management and sugammadex experience in a neonate for Galen vein aneurysm.J Clin Anesth. 2016; 13 (36-3)
- The presumed central nervous system effects of rocuronium in a neonate and its reversal with sugammadex.Pediatr Anesth. 2016; 26: 109-111
- Rocuronium and sugammadex in a 3 days old neonate for draining an ovarian cyst. Neuromuscular management and review of the literature.Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2016; 66: 430-432
- Sugammadex in the neonatal patient.Rev Colomb Anestesiol. 2013; 41: 171-174