- •Opioids are effective agents to suppress the pressor response to laryngoscopy.
- •Remifentanil and alfentanil did not impact Apgar scores.
- •Remifentanil and alfentanil did not impact neonatal respiratory support requirement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
- General anaesthesia for caesarean section.BJA Educ. 2009; 9: 148-151
- Cardiovascular and catecholamine responses to laryngoscopy with and without tracheal intubation.Br J Anaesth. 1987; 59: 295-299
- Pharmacological agents for preventing morbidity associated with the haemodynamic response to tracheal intubation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 7: CD004087
- The stress response to trauma and surgery.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 85: 109-117
- Plasma catecholamines and neonatal condition after induction of anaesthesia with propofol or thiopentone at caesarean section.Br J Anaesth. 1993; 70: 311-316
- Effect of morphine and nalorphine on plasma hyrocortisone levels in man.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1959; 125: 241-247
- Does intravenous fentanyl affect Apgar scores and umbilical vessel blood gas parameters in cesarean section under general anesthesia?.Acta Med Iran. 2011; 49: 517-522
- Alfentanil given immediately before the induction of anesthesia for elective cesarean delivery.Anesth Analg. 2000; 90: 1167-1172
- Maternal and neonatal responses to alfentanil administered before induction of general anaesthesia for caesarean section.Br J Anaesth. 1987; 59: 1392-1396
- Maternal and neonatal effects of remifentanil at induction of general anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial.Anesthesiology. 2006; 104: 14-20
- Maternal and foetal effects of remifentanil for general anaesthesia in parturients undergoing caesarean section: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2013; 57: 29-36
Howick J, Chalmers I, Greenhalgh T, Heneghan C, Liberati A. The 2011 Oxford CEBM Levels of Evidence (Introductory Document). Available at: https://www.cebm.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/CEBM-Levels-of-Evidence-Introduction-2.1.pdf. Published 2011. Accessed December 20, 2018.
Julian PT, Altman DG. Chapter 8: Assessing risk of bias in included studies. Cochrane Database Syst Rev Web site. Available at: http://hiv.cochrane.org/sites/hiv.cochrane.org/files/uploads/Ch08_Bias.pdf. Published 2008. Accessed December 20, 2018.
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate healthcare interventions: explanation and elaboration.BMJ. 2009; 339b2700
- Attenuation of the pressor response to tracheal intubation by magnesium sulphate with and without alfentanil in hypertensive proteinuric patients undergoing caesarean section.Br J Anaesth. 1991; 67: 741-747
- Remifentanil at induction of general anesthesia for cesarean section: Double blind randomized clinical trial.Colombia Medica. 2013; 44: 87-91
- Comparison of different doses of Fentanyl for prevention of hemodynamic changes during induction and intubation in parturients undergoing caesarian section under general anesthesia.Sri Lankan J Anaesthesiol. 2016; 24: 28-31
- Remifentanil for cesarean section under general anesthesia: effects on maternal stress hormone secretion and neonatal well-being: a randomized trial.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2008; 17: 130-136
- The effect of low dose fentanyl as a premedication before induction of general anesthesia on the neonatal Apgar score in cesarean section delivery: randomized, double-blind controlled trial.Med J Islam Repub Iran. 2016; 30: 361
- Neonatal effect of remifentanil in general anaesthesia for caesarean section: a randomized trial.BMC Anesthesiol. 2015; 15: 38
- The effect of alfentanil on maternal haemodynamic changes due to tracheal intubation in elective caesarean sections under general anaesthesia.Indian J Anaesth. 2015; 59: 728
- Effects of remifentanil on cardiovascular and bispectral index responses to endotracheal intubation in severe pre-eclamptic patients undergoing Caesarean delivery under general anaesthesia.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 102: 812-819
- The maternal and neonatal effect of remifentanil in general anesthesia for cesarean section.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2006; 1: 48-52
- Effect of remifentanil on blood pressure and pulse rate of mothers and Apgar score of neonates during general anesthesia in elective cesarean section.J Babol Univ Med Sci. 2009; 11: 5
- Maternal and neonatal effects of remifentanil for general anaesthesia for caesarean delivery.Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2007; 26: 299-304
- The effects of remifentanil during general anaesthesia induction for caesarean delivery of severe preeclamptic patients.Euro J Anaesthesiol. 2009; 26: 151
- Effects of remifentanil and dexmedetomidine on the mother's awareness and neonatal Apgar scores in caesarean section under general anaesthesia.J Int Med Res. 2018; 46: 1846-1854
- Effects of alfentanil and fentanyl on induction of anaesthesia in patients with severe pregnancy induced hypertension.Br J Anaesth. 1990; 65: 468-474
- Size is everything–large amounts of information are needed to overcome random effects in estimating direction and magnitude of treatment effects.Pain. 1998; 78: 209-216
- Small studies in meta-analyses. Making the best of a little.BMJ (Clinical Research Ed). 2010; 341c4463
- Overflow of catecholamine neurotransmitters to the circulation: source, fate, and functions.Physiol Rev. 1990; 70: 963-985
- Mechanism of plasma catecholamine increases during surgical stress in man.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1977; 45: 936-944