- •Seventy-three pregnant women received sugammadex in non-obstetric surgery.
- •Sugammadex was not associated with miscarriage or preterm labor within four weeks.
- •Missing data may have obscured potential adverse outcomes from sugammadex exposure.
- •The findings do not exclude sugammadex-related adverse pregnancy outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
- A novel concept of reversing neuromuscular block: chemical encapsulation of rocuronium bromide by a cyclodextrin-based synthetic host.Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2002; 41: 266-270
US Food and Drug Administration. Prescribing Information. Bridion (sugammadex). https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/022225lbl.pdf. Accessed February 3, 2022.
- The effects of sugammadex on progesterone levels in pregnant rats.Balkan Med J. 2015; 32: 203-207https://doi.org/10.5152/balkanmedj.2015.15502
- Effects of progesterone withdrawal on uterine prostaglandin levels in the ovariectomized pregnant rat.Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1991; 44: 259-261https://doi.org/10.1016/0952-3278(91)90028-4
- The synchronization of ovulation in the adult female rat by oral administration of megestrol acetate.J Reprod Fertil. 1968; 16: 159-163https://doi.org/10.1530/jrf.0.0160159
Willet AW BA, Togioka B, Bensadigh B, Hofer J, Zakowski M. Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Statement on sugammadex during pregnancy and location. April 22, 2019. https://www.soap.org/assets/docs/SOAP_Statement_Sugammadex_During_Pregnancy_Lactation_APPROVED.pdf. Accessed February 3, 2022.
- Incidence of anaphylaxis associated with sugammadex.Anesth Analg. 2018; 126: 1505-1508https://doi.org/10.1213/ane.0000000000002562
- The effect of sugammadex on steroid hormones: A randomized clinical study.J Clin Anesth. 2016; 34: 62-67https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinane.2016.03.039
- Sugammadex administration in pregnant women: A case series of maternal and fetal outcomes.A A Pract. 2021; 15: e01407
- Sugammadex administration in pregnant patients undergoing non-obstetric surgery: a case series.Braz J Anesthesiol. 2022; 72: 525-528https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjane.2021.07.034
- The effects of rocuronium-sugammadex on fetomaternal outcomes in pregnancy undergoing electroconvulsive therapy: A retrospective case series and literature review.Cureus. 2019; 11: e4820